Home  |  Sitemap  |  Translate


Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1
To make payments by mail:

Justice of the Peace, Pct. #1
P.O. BOX 336
Bastrop, TX 78602

You may pay your fine or fee in person at the Justice of the Peace, Pct. 1 office located at 803 Pine Street, Bastrop, Texas 78602.


Forms of payment accepted by mail: Money Order or Cashier Checks.  Forms of payment accepted in person: EXACT Cash, Money Order, Cashier Check or Credit Card.  Any Credit Card payments (online or in person) will have a $3.00 fee per $100.00 charge applied. We do NOT accept PERSONAL CHECKS. 

Click here to make payment online

***The provider of the credit card services will charge an additional convenience fee.

In order to process your request, the provider must have:
  •    Name of Court = J.P.#1
  •    Docket # or Citation #
  •    Phone #
  •    Amount of Payment
  •    Credit Card Information
Note: Payments post approximately 2-4 days after information given to provider. Please retain your confirmation number for future reference. Credit card service is not available for Civil filings.

What is the expectation?

The State of Texas expects that all fines and fees are to be paid on the day of sentencing. For information on how to pay your fine, see Payment of Fines and Fees.

What if I cannot pay my fines in full on that day?

The Court understands that not everyone is able to pay their fine in full at on the same day, and has implemented a process to assist those who believe they are unable to do so. If you believe you need additional time to pay your fines in full, you may apply to the Court for extended 30 day agreement.  But all court cost are due up front.   If you are indigent, you may fill out paperwork.   There are guidelines and you  must contact the court for the paperwork.

Art. 45.0491.  WAIVER OF PAYMENT OF FINES AND COSTS FOR INDIGENT DEFENDANTS.  A municipal court, regardless of whether the court is a court of record, or a justice court may waive payment of a fine or costs imposed on a defendant who defaults in payment if the court determines that:

(1)  the defendant is indigent; and

(2)  discharging the fine and costs under Article 45.049 would impose an undue hardship on the defendant.
Art. 45.049. COMMUNITY SERVICE IN SATISFACTION OF FINE OR COSTS.  (a)  A justice or judge may require a defendant who fails to pay a previously assessed fine or costs, or who is determined by the court to have insufficient resources or income to pay a fine or costs, to discharge all or part of the fine or costs by performing community service.  A defendant may discharge an obligation to perform community service under this article by paying at any time the fine and costs assessed.

PLEASE NOTE: Your fine is not a debt, and you will not be "billed" by the Court for each payment. Payments are your responsibility, and failure to comply with all obligations to the court will result in further sanctions.

Privacy Policy - Copyright © Bastrop County, Texas  2016. All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM