Bastrop County Information Technology Department's GIS Division issues 9-1-1 address assignments to the unincorporated (rural) areas of Bastrop County. For public safety purposes, it's crucial each residential and commercial structure to be assigned a valid and unique address.
Request New Address Assignment
A property owner, or their authorized agent, may initiate an address assignment request through the Bastrop County MyGovernmentOnline (MGO) portal (click here to open MGO Customer Help Guide) or by delivering a completed Development Application
to the County's Development Services Department at 211 Jackson Street, Bastrop, Texas 78602.
The following information and documents are necessary to complete the application:
- Property Owner Information: Name, mailing address, daytime phone number and email address.
- Property Description: Bastrop CAD property ID number, legal description and number of acres.
- Development Information: List of existing building(s), details of new/proposed buildings including classification, construction, foundation, size, and number of: floors, apartments/suites, bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Proof of Ownership (such as a deed).
- Survey or Plat.
- Site or Plot Plan. A diagram with clear property lines that shows the location (by measurements or latitude/longitude) of each existing and new/proposed structure and the driveway (from a named road).
Please note, the issuance of a rural address is dependent upon the location of the driveway. In order for a new address to be determined the precise location of the driveway must be known. In addition, exact location information is essential to accurately map each addressed site/structure for 9-1-1 call takers, dispatchers, emergency service responders and public safety.
An address assignment is provided at no cost; however, compliance with development related regulations (i.e.: Development, Driveway, On-Site Sewage Facility, Floodplain, and Land Division/Subdivision, etc.) may be required. Click here to visit the Bastrop County Development Services webpage for information on development related permits and regulations.
Confirm Existing Address Assignment
Use the "Address Lookup" interactive map application to search for address assignments which were valid at the time the data was uploaded (approximately one time a month). The user can search by the address, owner name, or BCAD parcel identification number. If up-to-the-minute address information is needed, follow the below instructions to request written confirmation of an existing address assignment.
To request written confirmation of an existing address assignment submit an Address Verification Request Form to email@example.com. Be prepared to provide detailed description of the location so it can be located and the address assignment accurately identify. Descriptive information includes:
Submit only one request per address. Submittal of multiple requests can slow service to you and others.
Display the County Assigned Address
Knowing and displaying a valid address helps 9-1-1, dispatchers, and emergency service responders find the correct location in the event of an emergency.
- Is your number up?
- Help us help you!
- Know Your Location.
- Display the County assigned address.
As a public service, Bastrop County offers low cost 9-1-1 Address Signs.
Order a County 9-1-1 Address Sign