Home  |  Sitemap  |  Translate


2021 February Severe Winter Weather Disaster
Texas Winter Storms Rumor Control
There are a number of rumors or scams associated with the Severe Winter Weather Disaster. The best information on legitimate sources of help in your area come from local officials. Click Here to familiarize yourself with common rumors associated with this disaster followed by the facts.
Debris Removal Information

February Winter Storm related debris resulting from burst pipes such as wet sheet rock, wet carpet, flooring and broken pipes can be discarded at the Bastrop County Transfer Station located at 601 Cool Water Dr. Fees will be waived from March 15 to March 27. Only storm related debris will be accepted at no charge. All other trash and construction debris will incur normal fees.

Local Recovery Resources and Information
Bastrop County Long Term Recovery Team is offering information on local resources for recovery and repair options. Call their hotline at 512-521-3001 for assistance.


State and Federal Disaster Assistance
FEMA Assistance Federal Funds
If your property and/or belongings were damaged and you have uninsured damages, apply HERE or call 800-621-3362. If you have insurance file a claim with them first before applying for FEMA. Deadline to apply for FEMA assistance is April 20, 2021.
Small Business Administration
Low-interest loans are provided to businesses, non-profits, homeowners, and renters who quality. Complete an application at https://disasterloanassistance.sba.gov/ela/s/.

TDEM Survey
Governor Greg Abbott, along with Texas Division of Emergency Management, asks those experiencing loss due to the winter disaster complete a TDEM Survey at https://tdem.texas.gov/warming-center/. Information gathered on the survey will help identify the impact the storm has had on the state and help emergency management better serve Texans.
Farm & Ranch Freedom Alliance
Second round of funding has opened for funding from the Texas Farmer Winter Storm Relief Fund. Apply at tofga.org or in Spanish tofga.org.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance

If you are or were unable to work because of this disaster, you may file for unemployment for the duration of the disaster with Texas Workforce Commission at https://www.twc.texas.gov/.../unemployment-benefits-services and click on "apply for benefits" or call 800-939-6631.

SNAP Benefit Replacement
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients may apply for replacement benefits for food lost or destroyed due to the severe winter weather. Call 211 and Select 2 or download and complete Form 1855 and FAX to 877-447-2839 or mail to Texas Health and Human Services Commission P.O. Box 149027, Austin, TX 78714-9027.
Disaster Legal Services

Texas Rio Grand Legal Aid

The Texas Rio Grand Legal Aid serves Bastrop County and offers free legal assistance for winter disaster concerns including landlord/tenant issues and filing insurance claims, FEMA Disaster Assistance, and Small Business Administration (SBA) loans. Call their hotline at 888-988-9996.

Toll- Free Legal Assistance State Hotline

The State Bar of Texas, American Bar Association, and legal aid providers across the state have produced a toll-free legal assistance hotline available to low-income individuals affected by the storm. Contact 800-504-7030.


Privacy Policy - Copyright © Bastrop County, Texas  2016. All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM