Commissioners Court, Monday, February 11, 2013 9:00am
NOTICE OF MEETING
BASTROP COUNTY COMMISSIONERS COURT
Pursuant to Section 551, Texas Government Code, the Bastrop County Commissioners Court will meet in Regular Session, Monday, February 11, 2013 at 9:00 A.M. in the Commissioners Courtroom, Second Floor, 804 Pecan St. Bastrop, Texas.
1. Call to order and prayer.
2. Allegiance to the Flags. (Texas Pledge: Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible).
3. Citizen comments.
4. Approve minutes of previous meeting(s).
5. Approve payment of bills.
6. Department report; Approve bonds.
7. Presentation of Certificates of Service
8. Character Speaker
9. Presentation of 2012 Year End Report, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service; Rachel Bauer, John Grange
10. Discussion and possible action re: authorize Broaddus and Associates and PGAL to move forward on the design build of the Development Services Tax Assessor (DSTA) building at 14,835 sq. ft. footprint; Judge Pape
11. Discussion and possible action re: approve revised contract with Pitney Bowes for postage machine; Gayle Wilhelm
12. Discussion and possible action re: presentation and approval of the FY 2011 and FY 2012 Chapter 59 Asset Forfeiture Reports by the District Attorney’s Office; Mika Spears
13. Discussion and possible action re: approve Organizational Chart, Operations Plan and Volunteer Application Process for the Bastrop County Animal Shelter; Diane Mollaghan
14. Discussion and possible action re: set public hearing date, time, and place for establishing speed limits for County roads in River Oaks subdivision. Streets include Blue Flame Rd. and Colorado Cir.; Commissioner Piña
15. Discussion and possible action re: set public hearing date, time, and place for change of speed limit on a portion of Jeddo Rd. The suggestion is to raise the speed limit on the portion of Jeddo Rd. from Hoffereck Rd. south to 713 from 35 mph to 45 mph; Commissioner Beckett
16. Discussion and possible action re: approve LPHCP Conservation Easement for Wildlife Management on the following properties: a) Bedford b) Farrar c) Abshier ; Colton Stabeno
17. Discussion and possible action re: pursuant to Section 232.010 of the Local Government Code, approval of existing metes and bounds division of Lot 222 of K C Estates Subdivision, which established a 3.457 acre lot and 3.457 acre lot out of a 6.915 acre lot on Pine Tree Loop, Precinct 2; Sonia Thomas
18. Discussion and possible action re: pursuant to Section 232.010 of the Local Government Code, approval of existing metes and bounds division of Lot 8 of Thousand Oaks Subdivision, which established a 5.18 acre lot and 5.17 acre lot out of 10 acre lot on Thousand Oak Drive, Precinct 3; Sonia Thomas
19. Discussion and possible action re: pursuant to Section 232.0015 of the Local Government Code, regarding approval of exiting metes and bounds division of 0.040 acres out of a 218.770 acre tract and 0.085 acres out of a 0.23 acre tract, both in the Andrew Mays Survey, on the northwest corner of FM 535 and Watterson Rd, Precinct 3; Sonia Thomas
20. Discussion and possible action re: authorize the County Judge to sign an interlocal agreement between Bastrop County and the following entities for in-kind services and cash contributions for the County-wide Household Hazardous Waste program: a) City of Bastrop b) City of Elgin c) City of Smithville; Rachel Clampffer
21. Discussion and possible action re: approval of revised Election Services Contract; Bridgette Escobedo
22. Discussion and possible action re: approve Election Services Contract with the following entities for May 11, 2013 Election: a) Bastrop Independent School District b) City of Smithville c) Elgin Independent School District; Bridgette Escobedo
23. Discussion and possible action re: request approval to enter into an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Smithville, the City of Bastrop, the City of Elgin for read-only access to Odyssey (judicial database); Krystel Burton, Ken Cruise
24. Discussion and possible action re: approve registration of domain name bastropvotes.org for the County’s new elections website; Bridgette Escobedo, Ken Cruise
25. EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Commissioners Court will hold a closed meeting pursuant to Texas Government Code 551.072 to deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
26. Return to open session and take any necessary action arising out of Executive Session.
Paul Pape, County Judge