Commissioners Court, Monday, January 14, 2013 9:00am
NOTICE OF MEETING
BASTROP COUNTY COMMISSIONERS COURT
Pursuant to Section 551, Texas Government Code, the Bastrop County Commissioners Court will meet in Regular Session, Monday, January 14, 2013 at 9:00 A.M. in the Commissioners Courtroom, Second Floor, 804 Pecan St. Bastrop, Texas.
1. Call to order and prayer.
2. Allegiance to the Flags. (Texas Pledge: Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible).
3. Citizen comments.
4. Approve minutes of previous meeting(s).
5. Approve payment of bills and Approve bonds.
6. Department reports; a) Recognition of Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting to Bastrop County Auditor’s office by the Government Finance Officers Association b) Mike Fisher: update on the Bastrop Community Reforestation Project c) Diane Mollaghan: update on hours of operation at the Bastrop County Animal Shelter
7. Presentation of Certificates of Service
8. Character Education Speaker
9. Discussion and possible action re: Proclamation for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
10. Discussion and possible action re: appoint Adena Lewis as the Primary Point of Contact for filming on Bastrop County property; Rachel Clampffer
11. Discussion and possible action re: approve formation of a Tourism Advisory Group and appoint members to the Group; Adena Lewis
12. Discussion and possible action re: reappointment of Bastrop County Child Welfare Board members Yolanda Morales, P K Barnett, Connie Clack to a two-year term and Greg Stewart, Jeannie Ralph and Sherika Morrison to a one-year term; Commissioner Piña
13. Discussion and possible action re: approval of Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Denton County for election supplies: Krystel Burton
14. Discussion and possible action re: approval of P & G Subdivision-subdivide existing 2.000 acre tract out of 19.511 acre tract in Jose Manuel Bangs Survey with variance to Bastrop County Interim Subdivision Regulations, section V.6.b.(1), Precinct 3, Owners : Marvin W. Pair, Bianca M. Gonzales and Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc.; Surveyor; Professional Land Surveyors; Sonia Thomas
15. Discussion and possible action re; approval of Amended Plat Lot 12, Whispering Pines with variance to Bastrop County Interim Subdivision Regulations, section VII.3.a.(2), Precinct: 2; Owners: Gary Keith, Holly Houser, John Long and Cliff Mark; Surveyor: Star Surveying; Sonia Thomas
16. Discussion and possible action re: approve Resolution to the State requesting funds for restoration and recovery efforts; Judge Pape, Commissioner Beckett
17. Discussion and possible action re: approve participation in Texas 1033 Surplus Property Program for FY 2013; Sheriff Pickering
18. Discussion and possible action re: request from the City of Smithville Police Department to access Odyssey law enforcement records; Ken Cruise
19. Discussion and possible action re: request approval for a fifty-percent reduction in adoption fees for Bastrop County Animal Services (BCAS) off-site-adoption events; Diane Mollaghan
20. Discussion and possible action re: approve Resolution Authorizing Tax Resale; Ellen Owens-McCreay, Veselka, Bragg and Allen
21. EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Commissioners Court will hold a closed meeting pursuant to Texas Government Code 551.076, Deliberations Regarding Security Devices or Security Audits.
22. Return to open session and take any necessary action arising out of Executive Session.
Paul Pape, County Judge